Friday, June 18, 2010

Florida Rainy Season

Just in time, the rainy season in southwest Florida brings relief from hot temperatures in the late afternoon.

The wildlife photographer above was photographed at Little Estero Lagoon in June 2010.

This past week only allowed one trip to see some wildlife action going on in the area which was again chosen as Estero Lagoon at Fort Myers Beach.

The sky on that day appeared favorable for what I thought would be a great evening of wildlife observation and photography, but the storm that developed from the southeast was formidable and cut short the trip to the beach.

The Reddish Egret above was photographed at Little Estero Lagoon in June 2010.

At that time, I met the Virginian who told me of wildlife that walks up to him at home.

My new friend, Kevinn Fung, has recently advised me of an area of wildlife observation opportunity that I will hopefully be able to report about next week.

The Wilson's Plover above was photographed at Little Estero Lagoon in June 2010.

One of the species he noted observed recently has never been seen before in my travels and will be an exciting find even among the bugs he warns about.

In the sometimes uncomfortable environmental conditions of a Florida summer, it's my hope to get together with my recent acquaintances, as well as enthusiasts Bob Duckwall, Alena King, and the local birding master I've yet to meet, Tom Obrock, for some better observation of the next generation of wildlife in the area.

The wildlife observers above were photographed at Little Estero Lagoon in June 2010.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment